There’s a Launchpad fundraising event for everyone from sleeping rough for one night to coming along to Carols by Candlelight. Find out more about our events we run throughout the year:
- Skydiving – experience the rush of flying through the air at 120mph, all year round at locations across the UK.
- Pancake Race – this iconic Reading event is held every Shrove Tuesday in Broad Street when local teams batter it out to win this eggstraordinary event. In 2020, it will be held on Tuesday 25 February.
- Run for Launchpad – we are the official charity partner of the 2019 Green Park Royal Berkshire 10K and we have a team running in the Reading Half Marathon, with free places up for grabs.
- Big Sleep Out – this year it is being held on World Homeless Day – 10 October. Join hundreds of people to sleep outdoors for one night to raise awareness of the issue of homelessness.
- Carols by Candlelight – our annual carol service at Reading Minster is a much-loved event that marks the start of the festive season. In 2020, the event will be held on Thursday 5 December 2019 at Reading Minster.
Your own fundraising event
Get involved with our fundraising events or run your own.
We’ve been lucky enough to benefit from many fundraising events, large and small, organised by people who live and work in Reading:
- Dave organised a poetry and cycling event, ‘The Good To Talk Tour’ in memory of his good friend Lizzie, an inspirational Launchpad supporter. He cycled to 10 cities in 10 days, performing poetry in each place
- Brian has organised two soul music events
- Pete organised a ‘Gig Issue’ music event with local bands
We love to hear suggestions for fundraising events from individuals, local businesses and other organisations, so please get in touch to get your idea underway! Email Sophie and Jason firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0118 929 1146.