There’s a Launchpad fundraising event for everyone from sleeping rough for one night to coming along to Carols by Candlelight. Find out more about our events we run throughout the year:
- Big Sleep Out – our supporters sleep rough for one night so Reading’s vulnerable don’t have to
- World Homeless Day – it’s 10th October every year. An international day to raise awareness and encourage local communities to help the homeless
- Carols by Candlelight – our annual carol service at Reading Minster is a much-loved event that marks the start of the festive season
- Pancake Race – every Shrove Tuesday in Broad Street local teams batter it out to win this eggstraordinary event
- Running – we were the official charity partner of the 2017 Green Park Royal Berkshire 10K and we had a team running in the Reading Half Marathon.
Your own fundraising event
Get involved with our fundraising events or run your own.
We’ve been lucky enough to benefit from many fundraising events, large and small, organised by people who live and work in Reading:
- Dave organised a poetry and cycling event, ‘The Good To Talk Tour’ in memory of his good friend Lizzie, an inspirational Launchpad supporter. He cycled to 10 cities in 10 days, performing poetry in each place
- Brian has organised two soul music events
- Pete organised a ‘Gig Issue’ music event with local bands
We love to hear suggestions for fundraising events from individuals, local businesses and other organisations, so please get in touch to get your idea underway! Email Ele and Jason firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0118 929 1146.