We need your help, both to raise awareness of Launchpad and to raise funds to pay for our crucial work.
We’ve been lucky enough to have supporters do all sorts of things to raise money for us:
- Marina shaved her hair off
- Mark from Reading Buses shaved his beard off after first painting it all the Launchpad colours
- Helen sky dived from 13,000 feet
- Marion, Martin, Bob and Marc all asked for donations to Launchpad instead of birthday presents for ‘significant’ birthdays
- Emily organised an art exhibition at a local cocktail bar
- Pete organised a ‘Gig Issue’ music event with local bands
- Carl cycled 720KM from Cherbourg to Boudeaux
- Harriet local Mezzo-Soprano sang and organised an opera, tapas and wine evening at St Laurence Church
- Amanda and David ran the London Marathon. Anna ran the Barcelona and Stockholm marathons
- Brian organised two soul music events
- Dave organised a touring poetry tour ‘It’s good to talk’ in memory of his good friend Lizzie an amazing Launchpad supporter
- Eight year old Amazing Grace remembers us on her birthday. On her fifth birthday she asked for food donations for Launchpad instead of birthday presents. For her sixth birthday she wrote to her local Sainsbury’s asking them to match her birthday money she was donating to Launchpad. For her seventh birthday she did the baked bean challenge getting friends and family to throw a can of water over themselves and donating to Launchpad for the pleasure. For her eighth birthday she won the Chris Tarrant Pride of Reading Award!
We’re sure there’s lots more fundraising ideas out there
Contact Sophie if you’d like to share your idea, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 929 1221.
We’d love to hear from you and help support you with your fundraising.